Friday, September 30, 2011

When the Supernatural becomes Natural

We serve a mighty God!!!!

After what happened to me (Ashley) last night, I am so full of faith and joy.

Let me just tell you.....

First, let's back up about 8 years ago. I was still in high school. I got into a car accident and so I went to the chiropractor for the first time in my life. He took X-rays and said that my left leg was 11 (or 13...I can't remember) mm shorter than my right. He said my pelvis was tilted so maybe the leg wasn't actually shorter, but the crooked pelvis was making it look shorter. So we went through a few months of adjustments and after about 3 months he re-measured me and said my pelvis was straight but my leg was still 9 mm shorter.

He told me that many people have 1 shorter leg. The normal allowance is from 0-5 mm. With mine being at 9 mm, he gave me a heel lift similar to this one to wear in my shoe.

So I wore it a few times, but really- what teenager wants to wear a thing in their shoe? Especially in the summer time with sandals and flip flops. I opted instead to deal with the lower back pain that it caused, and have been dealing with it ever since then. Going to the chiropractor to get adjusted helps, but my lower back still usually has a lot of pain.

Well yesterday I was fed up! I've prayed a few times that God would heal me. This was it. I had a small group meeting with 4 other ladies from church. When it came time for prayer requests, I asked that they pray for a miracle in my leg. I was tired of the back pain. My group leader said, "Let's pray right now." So I got down on the floor with my back against the wall so we could see the change take place after we prayed. My left leg was visibly shorter than the right. We started praying. My leg felt like it was moving in my pants, and I couldn't tell if it was just sliding or what was happening. After we stopped praying, we looked at my legs and they were equal! But it was still hard to know for sure.

So this morning I went to the chiropractor to get his professional opinion. He checked my legs and confirmed that they were, in fact, the same length. Yay, God! He was a funny man....he said "that's what chiropractic can do for you." I was like, "Uh uh....just last week you checked me and my leg was 9 MM shorter! #1Chiropractic doesn't work that fast or like that in general #2 I've been going to the chiro. for 8 years and this has never happened.


THAT IS THE HEALING POWER OF GOD!


I leave you with lyrics of one of my new favorite song:

God is able
He will never fail
He is almighty God
Greater than all we seek
Greater than all we ask
He has done great things

[Chorus]
Lifted up
He defeated the grave
Raised to life
Our God is able
In His name
We overcome
For the Lord
Our God is able

3 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God!

(Is this Ashley or Taylor's leg? I'm assuming Ashley?)

I went to passion city church last Sunday and heard that song for the first time!

Ashley and Taylor said...

It's Ashley...the only one who ever writes on here. :)

Michelle Mac said...

WOWEE! that's so incredible! God is good and he can do anything! thanks for the reminder :) I'm so excited for you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...