Mom and Dad Hankins arrived in Seoul at 5 AM on Tuesday morning. I don't think any of us are sad that we didn't take pictures at their arrival. Tuesday they were just getting adjusted while Taylor and I worked. That night we had some fun walking along the Han River. Our leisurely walk turned into us getting lost and far enough from home that we had to take the subway to get back. We still don't know the area very well. :)
Last night I (Ashley) had a tutoring session. Meanwhile, Taylor and his parents went to get some Korean barbecue and walk around town.
trying Kimchi for the first time
Change a few letters and you have Hankins!
After tutoring was over, I met up with the rest of the fam in Gangnam- one of the most lively, busy, crowded areas of Seoul. We made our way to Dr. Fish. Dr. Fish is a unique pedicure-esque experience that started in Asia. I think it may have made its way to a few places in the States too but I'm not sure on that one.
Simply put- a bunch of little (or decently-sized) fish eat the dead skin off your feet. And for some reason, they loved Chris' feet the most! JB didn't want to try so she watched and took pictures. At one point, Taylor, Chris, and I all had our feet in the water and they all still wanted Chris' feet. Taylor and I went and got pedicures after we got back from Africa because our feet were terrible. Maybe that's why they didn't like us so much.
They really loved Chris!
It tickled a lot!
JB watching the fun
They like hands too
We ended the night at Red Mango- supposedly the place where Fro-yo got its start. We got the shaved ice/frozen yogurt with strawberries. Koreans really love to plant their ice cream on a nice bed of sweetened, milky, shaved ice. The large was definitely big enough for 4!
@Red Mango
Still jet-lagged?
I'd like to end with this hilarious video of Chris' experience at Dr. Fish:
No comments:
Post a Comment