Saturday, June 16, 2012

Olympic Park

 On Thursday we went to the Olympic Park. The Summer Olympics were held here in 1988. It was a pretty hot day actually.
This is the National Assembly of Korea- where Congress meets. We can see it
outside of our window. We literally live right across the street.
Sandwiches filled with various things- cheese, meat, sauce, etc. This was taken
in the subway station. My mom was very surprised to see all the different things
that are sold in the subways.

We made it to the Olympic Park after an hour ride on the
subway with 3 transfers. This is called the Olympic
Peace Gate.

I was upset because the escalator was broken and I had to walk up like 4 flights
of stairs.

We rented this cool bike thing. There are pedals on both sides
but only one of the steering wheels works. The one on my
side was just pretend. (and sometimes I didn't even pedal)

We took a nice leisurely ride through the park and saw these cuties on our ride.
Olympic Gymnastics Hall

While my mom went inside to take pictures and see the pool, I stayed outside
in the shade and had a snack.

This is how she found me when she came outside. My foot was getting really
swollen so  I was trying to elevate it for awhile. I promise this is just the angle
my belly isn't that freakishly huge.


Kimbap- Americans would call this sushi but it's not. This is a roll of rice and
veggies wrapped in seaweed.
Trying kimbap for the first time

We tried to find this ancient fortress but the sign pointed to a steep hill, so
we decided to try and ride the bike up the hill. About halfway up, we realized
we couldn't make it.


So we tried a different approach- she got out to push. The whole time, this guy
sitting in the shade was motioning for us to stop; I was cracking up; we weren't
getting anywhere. Then a security guard appeared and motioned for us to go back
down the hill. As we were trying to turn around, we got stuck and (this is the worst
part), an old man with a cane ran up and started trying to push us out! The whole
thing was hilarious and embarrassing.

After we got the bicycle cart back down to the bottom, mom walked back up and
found this. I guess this is the fortress? I'm glad I stayed behind in the cart!

It was an exhausting day with lots of exercise...but still no baby!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...