Monday, February 7, 2011

Pizza! Pizza!

The other day we had our first homemade pizza. Well, last year while living in Tulsa, we made homemade pizza but this one was a little more difficult I'm sure. I have such limited kitchen/counter space, not to mention a lack of kitchen utensils. We FINALLY have an oven! The only problem is that all the buttons are in Korean but I think I've figured it out by trial and error.

I made the dough and the sauce myself and I think it turned out pretty darn good. Dough is not easy to handle...the yeast, the stickiness, the hours spent letting it rise, punching it down, rolling it out, etc, etc. I still had fun. Our week off was the perfect time to make something so time-consuming.
Last Friday, we went to the nearby city of Cheong-ju with 2 of the other teachers, Della and Yemi, who happen to be cousins. We ate this REALLY spicy beef/sprouts dish. It was mainly sprouts. I'm still not used to the spiciness of Korean food.
I like the look on the girl's face next to Taylor. I'm not really sure what her face says. She kind of looks disgusted. Any ideas for captions?

PS: notice the mirror and cell phone on the table in front of the girl. More on this Korean phenomenon in a later post but I will suffice it to say that it is a very normal and common thing to see girls pull out mirrors in restaurants, coffee shops, whenever, wherever, and check themselves out. As for the cell phones, well, I guess you might see that in America too. I've just noticed at restaurants that everyone has their phones out on the table.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...