Ahh...packing. There are so many things to be said of packing.
We will be going with 7 50-pound bags. The original goal was 6- the usual 2, and one extra ,which the school will reimburse us for. After we packed all 6 we still had more to pack so decided to throw in a 7th bag, mostly books. Taylor was not happy about this- he would prefer to live life as a minimalist. I, on the other hand, took it to heart when we were told that Koreans are small and it will be difficult for us to find pants and shoes in our sizes. So I brought plenty of both! I'd rather overpack then not bring the things I want/need and have to have someone ship them or, gasp, go without! Hopefully I can begin to live a more minimalistic lifestyle but right now I am just trying to adjust to moving overseas for 2 years!
We leave tomorrow morning at 7:45 AM. The adventure is about to begin. In the meantime, I'd like to leave you with the following quote from Brennan Manning, something we both want to live our lives by:
"The way of trust is a movement into obscurity, into the undefined, into ambiguity not into some pre-determined, clearly delineated plan for the future...The reality of naked trust is the life of a pilgrim who leaves what is nailed down, obvious and secure, and walks into the unknown without any rational explanation to justify the decision or guarantee the future. Why? Because God has signaled the movement and offered His presence and His promise."
Amen.
PS: Are you getting our email updates? From time to time, we send out an email letting you know we have updated the blog. If you are not getting the emails, check your spam folder to make sure. Also, send us your email address so we can add you to the list if you're not already there.
If you are getting the emails and you don't want to be getting them, let us know about that too!
1 comment:
7 bags is modest compared to what I'd probably struggle taking. Eek. I'm so excited FOR your adventures and everything God is doing in your lives. Can't wait to hear about how awesome it is...and YES, I do get the email updates and am thankful for them because they direct me here.
Post a Comment