As disgusting as the title might seem, the trip to the doctor turned out to be a blessing! Right now Ashley and I do not have insurance and so we were looking for a walk-in clinic that would be inexpensive and also fix my ear. My ear was still stuffed up at around 11 am and so I decided that instead of continuing to take more and more medication I would consult an expert. I honestly believed that I had some kind of infection, but we were praying that God would take care of everything.
After driving around Houston for an hour looking for a clinic that was open (two of them were closed due to doctors going on vacation) and found one inside a Walgreen's. After waiting for an hour the doctor informed us that she was taking her lunch break...and we were the next ones on the list. We waited another 45 minutes and at 3pm we finally got the diagnosis. Ear Wax. And lots of it. I had apparently been shoving the stuff into my ear deeper and deeper each time I cleaned it with a Q-tip. She took out something that sprayed water from a tube into my ear at high pressure until I could hear again! It was accelerating to say the least and I feel as if I now have super power hearing.
I do have a picture of the ear wax monster living inside me, but will not be posting it due to the request of my wife. Thanks for continuing to pray for us as we continue to have adventures even before going to Korea...
P.S. Don't use Q-tips for cleaning your ears.
5 comments:
OOOOO, ick! Have you ever tried ear candling for preventative? You can buy the candles at Whole Foods, etc. There's a product called Debrox that works great too. Glad you can hear again. Praying for your journey abroad.
Blessings,
Dayna
We bought an ear bulb to start cleaning it out regularly. I am going to make sure to clean it out more often then once a year.
I'm not sure if you've ever seen them at the health store but there are these things called Ear Candles that you stick one end in your ear and the other one you light on fire and it pulls the ear wax out. It's amazing.
We asked about those and the DR told us those are an old wive's tale. The wax that comes out is just the wax from the candle itself. :(
That's gross and I think the word Taylor was looking for is "exhilerating," not "accelerating." :) And I heard those candles' work great too - I don't know if that doctor was right Ashley. I've heard lots of good things about them.
Post a Comment