Yesterday I had the worst pain I've ever felt in my right shoulder, arm, and neck. It was excruciating. I somehow hurt myself yesterday. The pain started around noon and lasted all day. We went to church that afternoon but I was in so much pain that I was ready to leave church. I even shed a few tears. I got Tylenol from a friend and took that but it had no effect. I prayed for God to touch my shoulder but it still hurt. When I got home from church I took another Tylenol and rubbed Biofreeze all over my arm and shoulder which brought a little relief but the pain was still very present. Right before bed, as I was whimpering and rolling around in pain, Taylor said "Let's pray again." This time he prayed for my shoulder and the pain left. I sat up, moved my arm around in every direction and it didn't hurt. The pain was gone. Praise the Lord!
Moments like that remind me of God's simple goodness. Experiencing the healing touch of God draws me back to Him and makes me just want to adore Him. Growing up I had a much different view of God. It was partially due to the way I was raised in the home and in the church. Most people- Christians or not- have an incorrect view of God. You see- I viewed God more as a judge. I had to do good to get his approval; to not get in trouble; to stay on his good side. But if I messed up- whether it was sin, not reading the Bible or praying enough, or whatever made me feel condemned, I felt like God was mad at me. That he didn't accept me anymore and I had to work my way back into his love and favor. That is not the nature of God. I have learned this about Him the last few years.
How He Loves Us! Nothing we can do will make Him love us more or less. Nothing. You are His favorite. He delights in you. He loves you unconditionally. Unconditional love is hard to grasp, because it's almost impossible to find on this earth. But more and more I'm learning that is who God is. His love is so so wonderful.
Please watch this music video by Kari Jobe. I absolutely love this song.
Lyrics to "You Are For Me"
VERSE 1
So faithful, so constant
So loving and so true, so powerful in all you do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you
CHORUS
I know that you are for me I know that you are for me
I know that you will never, forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come now
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are
VERSE 2
So patient, so gracious
So merciful and true, so wonderful in all you do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move You love for me to sing to you
So faithful, so constant
So loving and so true, so powerful in all you do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move
You love for me to sing to you
CHORUS
I know that you are for me I know that you are for me
I know that you will never, forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come now
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are
VERSE 2
So patient, so gracious
So merciful and true, so wonderful in all you do
You fill me, You see me
You know my every move You love for me to sing to you
1 comment:
I miss you guys! Loved spending time today just reading your blog. :) So encouraging. I'm living vicariously through you!
Post a Comment