Monday, February 13, 2012

Best Valentine's Day Ever!

Yesterday, 2 days before Valentine's Day, my wonderful husband surprised me with an amazing Valentine's gift. This is one of the best gifts he's ever given me- both for the gift itself, and the time and effort he put into getting it.

He got me..............

A PREGNANCY PILLOW! And I love it so so much! We talked about buying one in the States when we were there for Christmas and bringing it back but it would be too expensive and too much of a pain. Then I would just leave it here when we left Korea so it wasn't worth it. We tried looking for one here but there just really weren't any good ones available. I guess he decided I really needed one so he was about to buy it on Amazon and have it sent to our friend's address on the military base. This is the pillow: http://www.amazon.com/Todays-Mom-Comfort-Pregnancy-Pillow/dp/B001A0M3LI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1329014573&sr=8-6. He actually placed the order then the very next day one of our coworkers (Taylor had already asked for her help finding one in Korea) said a friend of hers found someone selling a pillow that had never been used. And guess what.....it was the exact same one he was going to buy on Amazon. See- God is looking out for us even in the small stuff.

The only catch was that he had to go outside of Seoul to a city called Bundang to pick it up. He tricked me and told me he was going for a really long bike ride. He got dressed in his bike clothes and later I found out he just took his bike to another floor of our apartment building to make it look like he took the bike and he changed into regular clothes once he got to the subway. It took him an hour and a half to get there with subway and bus transfers, then an hour and a half back. And on top of that, he had to walk through Seoul carrying the pillow! I took a picture of him when he came back:
Don't mind the shirtless look :)
Isn't he amazing? Taylor is such a selfless man. This baby is lucky to have a father like that. Ever since I've known him...even back to when we were just friends in college, he has always gone out of his way to help people when they ask for it. I've seen him take people to the airport- acquaintances, not even good friends, run all sorts of errands for people who ask for his help, go above and beyond his job description at work, and many other things. He's always willing to help even when it means sacrificing time or sleep. I'm admittedly too selfish to do many of the things he does for others but that's just one reason why he's so wonderful.

And the result of his effort? A happy mamma!

I was so excited to try the pillow out last night!


pretending to sleep

Come on, honey..there's still room for you!

So happy...creepily happy even!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you appreciate what a special person Taylor is! You are very blessed! Love, Aunt Patty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...