If you know anything about Taylor and I by now, you should know that we both love children. Taylor worked as a summer camp counseling for over 5 years. I've been babysitting and working with kids since about age 10 and I was pretending to be a mom with my live baby dolls, Nicholas and Samuel, since the age of 3. Babies are my favorite...I think Taylor is more of a fan of older kids that he can play and be active with, but he does really well with the babies too. We were so blessed to be around so many children and go to so many children's/baby homes.
AcaciaTree Baby Home was the perfect final stop before we left Uganda. Robin Hancock actually went on an ORU Missions trip to Uganda several years before I did. She ended up coming back to live in Uganda and has opened a baby's home. She really tries to keep the babies with their families
Sadly, we only got to spend about half a day there, but it was such a joy to be around those little guys.
At the beginning we were just hanging out with Sophie, John Mark, and Emma. Everybody else headed off to nap.
 |
| Little Sophie. She's tiny but strong. |
|
|
|
|
|
I'm happy to say that Sophie is doing better. She was pretty sick about the week before we went to visit. She is HIV Positive but with the medications she is on (called ARV's) she can live a long life. You can read more about little Sophie
here on Robin's blog. She was still not feeling fully well when we were there so she was really cuddly.
| |
| | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|  |
| Sophie fell asleep like that on Taylor. Then we just had John Mark and Emma awake. |
 |
| Trying to get John Mark to wave |
 |
| Emma soon fell asleep |
 |
| Naptime is over! I heard noise so I went back to check on the boys and this is how I found them. :) |
 |
| The weather was beautiful so we played outside. |
 |
| teaching Henry how to play hide and seek |
|
 |
| Joshua |
 |
| The two girls in the back are Robin's adopted daughters |
 |
| Esther is learning early how to balance stuff on her head. |
 |
| Moses! |
I definitely want to visit these guys again someday!
No comments:
Post a Comment