We left Uganda on Thursday at 7:55 PM. We didn't arrive in Korea until 7:50 AM on Saturday. That's a lot of travel time. We had a 12-hour layover in Bangkok, which gave us about 8 hours in the actual city to explore. We ate some good, cheap food, bought some souvenirs, saw a couple of the sites, and most importantly, got massages. I think we pretty much did everything there is to do in Thailand. We don't have too many pictures to show for it, but we had a good time.
 |
| Traffic in Bangkok |
 |
| It happened to be the Queen's birthday while we were there so there were all sorts of things put up in her honor- pictures, gifts, parades, etc. |
 |
| Riding in a tuk-tuk |
 |
| The signs weren't too easy to follow. |
 |
| Phra Som Fort |
 |
| Wat Arun Temple |
 |
| It rained big time that evening |
 |
| I had to cover my shoulders inside the temple |
 |
| The reclining buddha |
 |
| Wat Pho Temple |
 |
| Wat Pho |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Wat Pho Temple |
 |
| Wat Pho |
 |
| Wat Pho |
|
|
 |
| A trip to Thailand wouldn't be complete without a massage! |
 |
| One last view on the way back to the airport |
 |
| This is why Asians are not fat |
We've spent most of this week adjusting to the time change. The photo below was taken sometime after midnight as we went on an ice cream run to the convenience store down below our apartments. Both of us had tried to fall asleep starting around 10 and just could not do it. So we got up, went up to the roof to look out on the city, went down for a pint of ice cream, and back to the apartment to watch
The African Queen.
 |
| Back in Seoul |
I think I am all caught up on blogs and pictures now so I'll be taking a blogging break. I've spent way too much time updating this thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment