We will no longer be working for GVCS in the junior high and high school. We are going to GVCS Junior. It's a kindergarten that the founder of GVCS recently bought out and took over in Seoul. We have decided to stay in Korea for 1 more year and teach at this kindergarten. Hopefully this will have us leaving Korea with a better impression of the country.
Here are some pictures of the kindergarten:




This last year has been rough to say the least, but we won't really go into that. I will ask, however, that you pray for me (Ashley). I've been experiencing a lot of health problems lately, all of which I believe are entirely stress-related. The most recent problem has gotten me scheduled for a doctor's appointment in 2 days for an endoscopy.
For those of you who aren't familiar with that word, it is when you get sedated and a tube with a camera on the end gets stuck down your throat. I have to get this done on my stomach because I am having a lot of stomach pain. I'm very nervous/scared. I know it's a normal procedure. A lot of people have it done. My dad has had it done like 20 times. :) After talking to him about it, I feel better but still a little scared. (Imagine having this done in a foreign country where you can only communicate with the Dr. through a translator who isn't fluent themselves.....)
So, please pray for me if you will. I will be having the procedure done around 10 am here on Wednesday, May 25, which will be 8 PM on Tuesday, May 24 in Central Standard Time in the States.
7 comments:
Praying.
Ashley and Taylor, Best wishes on the move and job change. Be prepared to have lots of patience and energy. I always say Kindergarten teachers are soooo underpaid. I'd be interested in knowing the differences between Korean Kindergarten and American. My prayers will be with you during your procedure. You are in good hands!
“Be strong and of good courage, and do it; do not fear nor be dismayed, for the LORD God—my God—will be with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you, until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD. - 1 Chronicles 28:20.
Stay encouraged and keep your eyes on Him! God's peace to both of you as you move forward with this journey. Pay close attention to what you profess from your tongue--it's so important to continue to speak words of life into the situation. God WILL prevail when you stand on HIS word. :-) I will be in prayer over the medical situation. God is able to heal and to cast out ALL fear!
Thank you, everyone.
I will have you in my prayers. Our God will be at your side and never leave you.
Love,
Aunt Marian
How did it go, Ashley? I have had that procedure also. Found an ulcer. So happy that you two are going to change your plans. Both of you are so good with little ones. It will be perfect.
Jer.29:11---He already had this in mind for you and it is His expected ending. Love to you both.
Jo Ann/Nanny
The Kindergarten looks like a bright and cheery place. Hopefully, everything will get better. I hope the procedure you had done went well and that you will feel better soon. You both are in my prayers.
Post a Comment