
The documents needed for our work visas have finally been sent to Korea! I (Taylor) would love to say that the process was a simple one, but it was far from it. After mailing the wrong information to the Oklahoma Secretary of State last week, I decided to make the 90 mile trip to OKC and send the documents from there. We just sold the 2002 Lexus on Sunday so I did not want to add more miles to the car before handing over the keys on Wednesday. I decided to drive Ashley's 1994 Lexus to the capital and back. This ended up being more of a hassle then I thought it would be...
As I neared my final exit for the capital building the check engine light came on and the engine died! I quickly got into the right lane and parked the car on the shoulder of I-44. After calling Ashley to tell her what happened I called AAA. Our membership actually expired three days earlier and were hoping we would not need to renew. After I gave them my number they asked me to renew in order to get service. After about 5 transfers a tow truck was sent to get me. 2 hours later the tow truck guys (yes there were two of them and I got to sit in between both of them while trying not to straddle the gear shifter). At around 1pm we finally made it to the only AAA approved repair shop in Edmond, OK and asked if they could look at my car, fix it and get me out that day. They said there was a long line ahead of me and that I would be waiting for at least an hour for them to diagnose the problem (and it would cost $90). The day just kept getting worse and worse...when suddenly everything changed.
I texted a guy from our young married couples group and just told him to pray because I was stuck in OKC. After that I called good ol Blayze (he lives about 30 minutes from Edmond) and asked if he could come and get me to the Secretary of State and then to the post office after that. He arrived at around 1:45pm and we went to the capital. Very cool building, too bad I did not care at all due to circumstances with the car. We went inside and 15 minutes later it was ready to be mailed off. The mission of sending the documents to Korea was complete and God was faithful. About 2 hours later we returned to the car place to find that the car had not been looked at! Just then I received a call from Billy (young married couples leader) who told me a guy from the group had a goose neck trailer and said he could be there in a few hours to pick me up!
So Blayze and I waited for a few hours and then he showed up at around 8:30pm. Mark (the guy with the trailer) opened the hood and said that the timing belt was gone and that he could fix it! We pushed the car on the trailer and left for Tulsa. The car is now parked at Mark's house and he is going to get the parts tonight to start working on the car. He believes it is fixable and we will be trusting God that it will be working again in the next couple of days.
I felt that yesterday was one wild ride that seemed horrible, but God turned it all around for His Glory. If I had taken my car to OKC then we would have had timing belt issues when we drove it to Houston. But, since it happened yesterday we have a friend that can fix it during our final week here in Tulsa. Our friend Mark told me last night he has been trying to sell that Goose Neck trailer for a little while now. Looks like God had other plans for it before it sold! Praise be to God and the people that he puts in our lives!
Thank you Blayze for helping us get our visas and thank you Mark for getting me home to my wife.
1 comment:
Whew! What a day you've had! I'm glad things are working out for you two. We'll miss you but are excited for you! Love, Aunt Patty
Post a Comment