Thursday, July 19, 2012

Insadong Market

Yesterday we went to Insadong Market. According to Wikipedia, it holds 40% of the nation's antique shops and art galleries as well as 90% of the traditional stationary shops. It's also known for having a lot of tea.





She bought fried Octopus on a skewer and she liked it!

I love the lady's face here. This was after she told my mom the red sauce is very spicy and my mom tried it and liked it. Koreans tend to think that foreigners cannot handle their spicy food. I definitely can't but some of the foreigners can!

We found this really cute little tea shop

Mom got really fresh green tea



I got iced Pear Tea

Lots of tea at Insadong Market!




These guys make some kind of traditional dessert made with honey and corn flour. We bought some to try.

This has been a really strange summer. Normally right now it's typhoon season and rains pretty
much all day every day. But much like the midwest, we are experiencing far less rain fall this
summer. We're not having a drought- it's still raining every few days, but nothing like years previous.
This will probably be the summer that everyone looks back and says "remember that weird summer in
2012 when it hardly rained?" I'm so thankful for it though because I hate rain!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...