Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hahoe Village

Last weekend we went to a traditional Korean village called Hahoe in the city of Andong. It's listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.


We started off with a traditional lunch. Ok I made that up. I don't know if it was traditional or not.

Next we headed to a mask dance. I thought it was pretty weird, but kind of cool. Taylor liked it. I don't know where all these elderly people came from, but I hope they had a good time.


Check out this guy's sweet mullet



Afterwards, we got a picture with two of the actors. The funny part about this picture is the family of four sitting to the left of Taylor. They are totally not with our group but sat down for a pose when we got the cameras out.


This is a traditional Korean home.

I love taking pictures of rice fields.

Queen Elizabeth II came to Korea in 1999 and supposedly Andong was the only place in Korea that she wanted to visit. That is now what this village is known for. They actually have a whole museum there documenting her visit. While here, she planted a tree in the village.
The Korean Fir planted by Queen Elizabeth II.

Most of our group with Mt. Namsan in the background.

On the top of Mt. Namsan (it only took about 10 minutes to climb) with the village in the background.

And a view from the top looking down...



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...