Yesterday was White Day. In Korea (and Japan) White Day falls exactly one month after Valentine's Day. The tradition is that on Valentine's Day, the girl is supposed to shower the guy with chocolates and gifts. On White Day, it is the girl's turn to receive chocolates and gifts from the guy. I told Taylor I didn't want any chocolate but I would love some flowers.
Here's what I got:
The envelope reads, "White Day for my white wife." HahaIn other news, Taylor has once again started the 30-Day Blogrimage. For those of you who do not know what this is, you can check out our individual blogs that we started last year. I (Ashley) did a 30-day blogrimage of Healthy Cooking. You can check it out here. Taylor did his blogrimage on 30 days without a car, only riding his bike. You can read more about that here.
I decided that I wasn't doing a blogrimage this year. I don't feel like I have anything worth blogging about for 30 days straight. Yes, I have goals. I want to do P90X or some sort of workout every day. I also want to study Korean every day. But neither of those are interesting enough to write about for 30 days. Taylor has decided to eat only kimchi and rice for 30 days straight. If he can pull this off, it will be incredible. He's documenting it on the same blog: www.taylorhasnocar.blogspot.com. You can also read his first post on Day 1 here.
Update: Please remember to pray for Japan. Several nuclear reactors have exploded at nuclear power plant facilities. I don't know that we are in danger of radiation in Korea, being over 800 miles away, but you never know.
2 comments:
Hey Ashley and Taylor -
Thinking about you guys and hoping you are both safe. Love the blogs. Miss you!!! Love, Aunt Sandy
hello.... having to sign in to view this makes me feel like a vips. the flowers are beautiful!! we miss you guys.... see you around christmas!
Post a Comment